When it comes to deciding on a go-to hair extension look, you really can’t go wrong with some good-old recommendations. A couple of weeks ago we suggested hair extension looks based on your face shape and hair texture. This week, we’re clueing you in on the resources you need to figure out what your face shape and hair texture is, plus our favorite hairstyle sites and apps for browsing (and even testing out) those looks. Enjoy!
1. For determining your face shape.
- The Hair Styler Face Shape Quiz – A simple 4-step quiz that’ll match you with your likely face shape, plus link your to a whole bunch of face-shape related styles and tips.
- WikiHow Face Shape Tips – Outlines a couple of other methods for arriving at your face shape.
2. For determining your texture.
Compare your hair texture to the types listed at NaturallyCurly.com.
- If your hair texture is not represented because it appears to be straighter than those shown, your texture is straight.
- If your hair falls into the “2″ category, it’s wavy.
- If it falls into the “3″ category, it’s curly.
- If it falls into the “4″ category, it’s coily.
3. For browsing different hairstyles.
- The Hair Styler – Like we said before, The Hair Styler face shape quiz will match you not only with your face shape, but also with face-shape compatible hairstyles. They even enable you to filter your results based on hair length and texture!
- NaturallyCurly – This site has a great photo database featuring a range of wavy and curly styles, including celebrity looks and user submissions. It also includes product recommendations for your hair type!
- Donna Bella Instagram – When it comes to finding hair extension inspiration, Donna Bella’s Instagram is the place to be. We feature lots of before & after pics to get your creative juices flowing, and you can easily pull them up on your phone while you’re at the salon.
- Donna Bella Pinterest – Pinterest is king when it comes to hair inspiration just generally, and we’ve curated quite the collection of looks.
4. For trying on hair extensions.
- Donna Bella App – The Donna Bella app is great for making a hair extension stylist’s job easier, but it’s also great for hair extension clients looking to try out an extension look! Just upload your photo into the Hair Extension Makeover tool and flip through the options. The app is free and available to both iOS and Android users.
5. For trying on hairstyles.
- The Hair Styler Virtual Hair Styler - One of the coolest features on this website (which is, clearly, totally dedicated to everything hairstyle-related) is the makeover tool, which allows you to try on any of the hairstyles featured on their website. Give it a try to see which long looks will complement you!
- TAAZ – This site boasts one of the first makeover tools we ever came across on the internet, and it works just as well as ever. Upload a photo and try on different celebrity hairstyles, then play around with your virtual makeup while you’re at it!
What are you favorite hairstyle resources? Let us know in the comments below!