Hair extensions add amazing length and volume to your hair. You want to make sure you’re treating them right so that they’ll last a long time and keep making you look great. It isn’t hard to keep your extensions looking great, just take a few extra steps. It will be worth it!
- Do use the Donna Bella Hair Extension Brush. It prevents tangling and is specially designed so it won’t pull or catch on the application points.
- Do brush 2 to 3 times a day and before showering or wetting hair. Hold the roots of your hair with one hand while brushing in a downward motion with the other. Brush gently, and be particularly careful with the bonds.
- Do use sulfate-free products that are rich in nutrients and botanical extracts (like our Donna Bella Remy Care Collection).
- Do avoid salty or chlorinated water. Salt and chlorine harm your hair extensions just like they harm your natural hair.
- Do apply any oils or sprays from the mid shaft down, avoiding the bonds. Leave-in conditioners and hydrating oils are great for hair extensions, especially if they are feeling dry.
- Don’t wash your hair too much.We recommend washing the hair as infrequently as possible and using a dry shampoo to absorb oils and make your hair feel and smell fresh. Certain hard or mineral intense water may also deteriorate bonds or the condition of the hair.
- Don’t sleep with wet hair. Once your hair extensions are completely dry, braid hair or tie it in a loose ponytail.
- Don’t use heat tools too often. Just like with natural hair, too much mechanical heat will damage hair. When you do use heat tools, be sure to use a heat protectant. You can also use non-heat methods to curl your hair extensions.
- Don’t chemically process the hair. Avoid any products that lighten natural color, create waves, or straighten natural curl.
Do you have a hair extension question or a concern? Email your questions to email@example.com and we can answer it right here on our blog!
SIGN UP FOR WEEKLY
PRO TIPS AND TRICKS